A verse in the bible has stated: Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Truly, raising children has never been easy, however it is viewed as one of the most rewarding task humans can have. More than a few do not deal parenting with the same attention and focus they usually utilize for their job. Some may act according to impulsive response, or just the same method of parenting their parents used. Either way, you will not know how effective it is until you see what kind of person your children have become.
To guide you with good parenting, here are important tips you need to consider.
1. You are right in their sight. When children are still in their toddler stage up to their adolescent stage, what you do greatly matters. What your children act sometimes reflects your behaviors or the way you deal with people. It is safe to deliberate before you react to something. It is somehow difficult to control sudden surge of emotion, but remember, ask yourself first if what you intend to do brings positive result.
2. Enough of your love. Parents’ love can be unconditional and overwhelming. In the principles of good parenting, you don’t have to love all the time. Impose limitation and establish rules which your children should follow. Show them enough of your love and inculcate discipline at the same time. Do not set harsh punishment as a prize of disobedience. Give time-out and provide explanations if you have to use any of your disciplinary measures.
3. Consistency and explanation. The most essential tool to make rules work is too keep your stand as consistent as possible. Discuss with your children the non-negotiable and negotiable circumstance. You need to explain what they need to know when it comes to rules and decision for them to understand the real score. You can talk to them while sitting over a beautiful metal beds for proper conditioning of the mind and for a suitable environment.If your authority is based on wisdom and not on power, your children would most likely opt not to challenge your decision.
4. Develop your child’s independence. Children in every milestone of their lives scream for freedom and independence. They need to develop self-control by setting those limits in their behaviors and actions. The approach lies in your decision on how to build their sense of self-direction with the freedom and independence you have given.
5. Give respect. Treat your child with respect so you will obtain respect in return. Just as any individual wants, your children desire to be treated fairly and kindly. You need to show them that you honor their opinion and pay them attention when it is their turn to speak. Learning of a child takes place in the home first. Undoubtedly, children treat others the way they are being treated at home by their parents. Respect is the foundation of every relationship that your children may have with others. Help them establish respect not just because they are sitting on their favorite metal bar stools but even to their own selves.
Ethan Mark Henkel enjoys writing for Home and Bedroom Furniture which sells Discount Bedroom Sets and Childrens Bedroom Sets as well as a host of additional products.